As a team we perform a number of minor surgical procedures, examples of which are below. You may find it useful to make your first consultation with a doctor who performs a particular procedure ─ this can be discussed with the receptionist when booking.
We believe that performing these procedures in general practice gives our patients faster access to a more convenient service. However, there are limitations to procedures we are able/allowed to perform.
- Removal of moles by excision
- Removal of other skin lesions by cautery or shave excision
- Skin biopsies
- Ingrowing toenail operations
- Implanon insertion (long term contraception)
- Insertion of contraceptive coils
Minor procedures for purely cosmetic reasons are not funded by the NHS and therefore we do not offer them.