Health and Wellbeing
The Health and Wellbeing Team is here to support you,
because health and wellbeing is more than just physical health.
Follow us on Twitter
Visit us on Facebook
- Lifestyle advice
- Weight management
- Stress management
- Emotional support
- Financial and housing support
- Mental health
- Group activities and support
- And so much more....
Health and Wellbeing Coach
- Lifestyle advice and support i.e. physical activity, nutrition, sleep, stress and weight management
- Supports healthy lifestyle changes and behaviours through small progress goals
- Self referral - Email: Emma.email@example.com
- Social and emotional support for anyone who is feeling lonely or isolated or needs support with their mental health.
- Offers financial and housing support by helping connect people to the right services.
- Connects people to community groups and services through hand-holding.
- Self referral - Email: Debbie.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supports engagement in activities, roles and routines that is affected by physical or mental health
- Group health education - specifically self-management
So contact reception today to book an appointment
Tuesday evening @ 17:45 onwards
17:45 - 18:00 Weigh in and check in; patients to share positives for the week and their struggles
18:00 – 18:30 group discussion around struggles and weekly topic
Nutrition – Carbs/sugar
Nutrition – Fats
Nutrition – Food labels
Psychology of eating (hunger/boredom/emotional)
Stress and sleep
Restrictions with weight loss
.... patients to decide what they would like to cover
Tai Chi sessions every Mondays @ 9:30 - 10:15 and Wednesdays @ 14:00 - 15:00 (Via Zoom)
These are FREE sessions, with no obligation to commit, just come give Tai Chi a try!
A great opportunity to try something new, keep active and reduce stress
Email Emma.Swearman@nhs.net for the meeting ID and passcode.
Back pain exercise class
Wednesday's @ 10:00
This class is open to anyone suffering with chronic back pain.
It will incorporate exercises to strengthen core muscles and improve flexibility to help to reduce pain.
The sessions will take place over zoom. And is open for self-referral or GP referral.
Tuesday's @ 17:30
These are virtual group workshops are open to students.
They will be focussing on:
Mindfulness - 3rd November
Benefits of Physical Activity - 10th November
Getting Better Sleep - 17th November
Managing Stress - 24th November
Eating Habits - 1st Decmber
Email BRemail@example.com to book.
These workshops will explore 4 different relaxation techniques across 4 weeks. The sessions are open to all patients, to help explore relaxation and improve self-management of mental health.
These sessions will take place 4pm on Thursdays.
If you are wanting to be booked on to the sessions please ring reception to book on.
On booking you will be booked on to all 4 consecutive weeks.
We are working towards developing a community garden behind the Surgery.
This will be open to anyone who wants to get involved, whether you're a patient, student or staff member.
Keep your eyes peeled!