studentsGP Care When Away From University

We are very aware that most students lead a double life. Some of your time is spent away from university, at parental address, holidaying or working away. However, you are resident at your university address for the majority of the year and so the NHS asks that you remain registered at a GP Surgery near that location.

Repeat Prescriptions

Contact the health centre on 01158468888

Seeing a Doctor

If you are away and need to see a doctor then go to your local surgery and complete a temporary resident (TR) form. They may ask you to re-register as full patient. This is your choice but if you are returning you will have to re-register again in Nottingham, it may mean important information is not available about you when you need it (as notes take many weeks to be transferred back to us).

If you are seeing a doctor away from University and that doctor requires additional information ask the surgery to write or fax us (0115 9480347) and we will endeavour to provide the relevant information.

Medical Query

If you have a query about your medical care or treatment and are well known to the service at Cripps then we may be able to help you with a telephone consultation. If however, the symptoms are new it is likely we will suggest you should be seen face-to-face.

Weekends and Evenings

During the weekend or at night then call NHS direct on 111

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website