areaNew Patient Registration

Welcome to Nottingham.

Most UK students will be registered with a UK General Practitioner/Family Doctor. However, NHS guidance strongly advises patients to register with a practice close to where you spend most of the year, which will be your university address.

The University of Nottingham Health Service is an NHS General Practice with a strong working relationship in supporting the health needs of the University community.

You may register with the University of Nottingham Health Service (UNHS) if you are a:

  • student on a course of a minimum of three months at The University of Nottingham living within our catchment area (see map opposite)
  • member of staff on a contract of at least six months and you live within our catchment area
  • spouse, child or dependent of students and staff (as above)

If you are unsure if you live within the practice catchment area please see boundary map below.  You can search for your postcode via the search function at the top of the map:

Online Registration 

To register with the practice you will need your Nottingham address.  Please ensure you have this before proceeding.

This for new registrations only. To change your address please contact the practice directly.

Please ensure that all fields in the registration forms are completed.  Although it may be tempting to skip a few and hope for the best they are all important and without the full details we cannot process your registration.  If there are any queries we will contact you by phone, email or text message.  We have a limited window in which to edit your registration and resubmit so please do respond asap.

IMPORTANT - Nottingham is your new home town.  The 'home address' section on the registration form refers to your new Nottingham address.  If you are a student currently living elsewhere and moving to Nottingham please put your current address in the previous address section.

To register online now: please follow this link.

If you have children under the age of 12 who are yet to be registered in the UK, the form below will need to be completed and returned to the practice in person or by post.

Medical History for Under 12

What happens next

Please allow 7 days for your registration to be processed, we will send you a text message to confirm when you are registered. 

If  you are currently registered with a GP in England or Wales your medical records should transfer electronically.  However if you are registered outside of England and Wales we will not automatically receive your medical history unless you provide a copy.  (Records from Scotland are transferred but there is often a delay of up to 12 months )

Allocation of Named Accountable GP

All patients who register with us, including children, are allocated a named, accountable GP who is responsible for their overall care at the practice.  This is referred to as your 'Usual GP'.  You should be informed of your Usual GP when you register but you can check who this is with any member of staff at any time.  We will always make reasonable efforts to accommodate requests to change the Usual GP.  This does not change your ability to request to see any of our individual GP's at any stage.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website